Dedicated to a definite Christian philosophy of education, Community Christian Academy of the Community Bible Church exists to afford parents the opportunity to fulfill their God-given obligation to “train up a child in the way he should go” (Proverbs 22:6, KJV).
Community Christian Academy purposes to provide a Christ-centered education with a biblical worldview which will prepare students with academic excellence and lay the foundation for further learning and Christ-like living.
Philosophy of Education
The educational process in a Christian school is dependent upon a biblical philosophy that provides a Christ-centered worldview and essential truths for life so that children may be prepared to assume their proper place in the home, church and state. Community Christian Academy will teach principles based on the Bible to enable children to make right decisions, help them resist temptation, and live respectable lives. To that end, Community Christian Academy has developed these statements to direct our educational philosophy and their administration:
Faith is developed in children by the principles in God’s word. Goodness is developed by application of Scripture. “…add to your faith goodness; and to goodness knowledge; and to knowledge temperance.” I Peter 1:1-10. All academic knowledge should then be related to Biblical principles and godly character.
Community Christian Academy can best meet its mission as a partner with parents in the education of their children. When parents share in our philosophy of education and are enthusiastic about learning, their support and excitement will motivate their children.
Community Christian Academy will strive to give children a Christ-centered education and an education that is academically rigorous in order to help them develop to their full potential. Screening and testing will be administered to assess their development and will determine admittance.
Curriculum and teaching will help students discover the answers to critical worldview questions concerning God, origin, humanity, moral order and purpose. It will:
- be biblically-based and child-centered (Deuteronomy 6:4-9, Ephesians 6:4)
- create consistency with faith and science (Genesis 1, Romans 1)
- uphold the dignity of human life (Exodus 20:13, Matthew 5:21-22) and identify and support the biblical model for a family (Genesis 2:18,20-25, I Corinthians 7:1-16, Ephesians 5:33)
- encourage support of divinely ordained institutions – marriage, the Church, and government (Genesis 2, Ephesians 5, Genesis 10:32, Romans 13:1, Exodus 25:8-9, Matthew 16:17-19)
- reinforce the principles of diligence and a strong work ethic (Genesis 3:19, Exodus 20:9-10, II Thessalonians 3:6-13)
Teachers are to be role models for the children, teaching with the love of Christ in all things. (James 3:1, Matthew 22:16, Luke 6:40)
We will work to develop students who become:
- committed followers of Jesus Christ with a strong biblical view of truth (or reality)
- responsible and patriotic citizens who understand and appreciate America’s Christian heritage and work to strengthen that influence in government and every sphere of culture
- persons with values, principles and character, able to add real-life value to those around them as someone who is educated, thoughtful, articulate, honest, productive, and service-oriented
- able to confidently and lovingly share, give reason for, and grow in their faith
- capable of continuing their education and/or becoming productive citizens, improving society through their life and work.